NOTE: COVID-19 Support
Many local organizations have shared useful links for COVID-19 related information, including access to financing programs, online assessment tools for those who feel ill, and areas where people may learn more about the pandemic.
The following links will provide further information for support programs and social distancing protocols:
- Government of Canada
- Government of Canada PPE Buy & Sell Resources
- Province of British Columbia
- Province of British Columbia Restart Plan
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- BC Tourism Resiliency Network
- BC Restaurant & Food Services Association COVID-19
- WorkSafe BC Regulations for COVID-19
- Destination BC Resiliency Webinars
- Island Coastal Economic Trust
- City of Victoria Resident Information
- City of Victoria Business Information
Code of Conduct
We have a code of conduct that is designed for the benefit of everyone and to ensure that discussions remain positive and productive.
All Fisherman’s Wharf properties are subject to City of Victoria development permitting, including for exterior renovations, expansions, new builds, and changes of use. These documents will assist float home owners and commercial operators with the permitting process.
- Fisherman’s Wharf – Development Permitting FAQs and Directions
- Fisherman’s Wharf – Development applicant worksheet and checklist
- Fisherman’s Wharf – Development application prescreening form
- Fisherman’s Wharf – Illustration of shadow areas
Float Home Information:
- STEP 1 A – Float Home Disposition Checklist
- STEP 1 B – 60 Days Notice of Disposition of FH
- STEP 1 C – GVHA Application for FH Licence
- STEP 1 D – MOU FW FH dated Dec 12 2012
- British Columbia Float Home Standards
- Transport Canada Float Home Standards
The following regulations are administered by Transport Canada and strictly enforced by the Harbour Master and the Harbour Patrol.
- No sailing or anchoring is permitted within the harbour
- Speed cannot exceed 5 knots in the Inner and Middle Harbour
- Speed cannot exceed 7 knots in the Outer Harbour
- Vessel must leave a minimum wash
For the air and marine traffic pattern in the harbour, view Transport Canada’s Port of Victoria Traffic Scheme.
For more information on Transport Canada marine regulations, please visit their website.