The Future of The Breakwater District
The Master Plan is intended to outline Greater Victoria Harbour Authority’s aspirations for The Breakwater District at Ogden Point. It establishes the policies and guidelines to direct the future development of the facility for the next 30 years.
The Greater Victoria Harbour Authority (GVHA) submitted a request to the City of Victoria Mayor & Council for an extension to the process for the Master Plan for The Breakwater District at Ogden Point.
The request included an extension to the Memorandum of Understanding between GVHA and the City of Victoria to Dec. 31, 2025. This extension will allow GVHA to further develop an overall ‘development narrative’ consistent with the James Bay Neighbourhood Plan (once developed) and pursue appropriate master plan development opportunities that are consistent with GVHA’s 10-Year Strategic Plan.
Within this request for extension, GVHA outlines the need to shift resources away from the development of the Master Plan for The Breakwater District due to investments in environmental priorities.
GVHA will pursue areas of environmental focus that will:
- Determine the feasibility, business case, and funding sources to support the installation of shore power;
- Collaborate with the federal government to pursue further environmental examination and remediation of the deep-water facility; and,
- Where prudent, refurbish existing facilities to improve environmental and operational footprints.
If you are interested in learning more about the master plan, please connect with us.
- December 2016: Ogden Point Master Plan Final Draft
- October 2016: Master Plan Update – Information Session Boards
- October 2016: Master Plan Update – Information Session Presentation
- June 2016 : Master Plan Update – Information Session Boards
- June 2016: Master Plan Update – Information Sessions Presentation
- February 2016: Community Feedback Summary
- February 2016: Community Conversation – Stantec Presentation
- February 2016: Community Conversation – Information Boards
- 2015–2016: Ogden Point Master Plan & Rezoning Application Engagement Plan
- Ogden Point Functional & Facilities Plan (Phase 3) – Information Session
- Community Feedback Summary – November 2015 Community Conversation