What to Know Before You Arrive
- Quiet hours are 22:00 to 07:00.
- Generators cannot be run from 21:00 to 07:00
- Docks must be kept free and clear of all personal items (bikes, scooters, dinghies, waste, etc.)
- While on the docks, please accompany children under the age of 12 years at all times.
- All pets visiting the marinas must be leashed and accompanied by their owners at all times. Owners are responsible for cleaning up any pet waste deposited at GVHA facilities. Baggies are provided on the docks.
- For safety reasons, rollerblading, skateboarding, bicycle or scooter riding is not permitted on GVHA docks or the Lower Causeway walkway.
Line & Electrical Usages
- Lines must be adequate and sufficient in such a way as to be safe in any type of weather. Nylon or polypropylene lines are not acceptable.
- Use of electricity, if not previously arranged, requires immediate payment
- Electrical connections to vessels must be marine grade power cords with watertight molded plugs that meet fire regulations and the local electrical code. The following criteria are mandatory:
- 20 amp plug requires minimum 12/3 wire
- 30 amp plug requires minimum 10/3 wire
- All cords must be suitable for outdoor use
- No sailing or anchoring is permitted within the harbour
- Harbour Regulations are administered by Transport Canada and are strictly enforced by the Harbour Master and the Harbour Patrol.
- Prior to berthing, please hail GVHA dock staff on VHF 66A for a moorage assignment. Moorage is available on a first-come, first-serve basis unless a reservation is made (see Reservation Information).
- If Victoria is your port of entry into Canada, please report to the Canada Customs dock for clearance prior to requesting moorage. You must contact Canada Border Services Agency at 1-888-226-7277 before arrival in Canada on a recreational vessel.