Ready to Embark?
We are all about finding the right people, with the right skills, attitude and initiative. Once you join our team, we are committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Here are some of the many reasons to work with us:
Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
- We are dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst our whole workforce
- Our goal is to ensure all employees are given equal opportunity, and that GVHA is representative of all sections of society
- Our properties are located on the traditional lands of the Lekwungen people and both Songhees Nation and Esquimalt Nation are represented on our Board of Directors. As a result, qualified self-identified Aboriginal applicants may be given preference during the recruiting and selection process.
Our Shared Values
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE – committing to being optimistic and having fun at work
- LEADERSHIP – leading by example, being proactive in tackling challenges, and listening and providing feedback
- ACCOUNTABILITY – taking responsibility for our behaviours, actions and decisions
- INTEGRITY – upholding GVHA’s and our personal principles, and being genuine and consistent in our interactions with others
- TEAMWORK – working together to achieve common goals through a shared vision
Wages and Benefits
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunities for career and professional development
- Meaningful and interesting jobs
- 10 paid personal/sick days per calendar year
- Group RRSP matching program based on years of service (from 2% to 8%)
- Health & Wellness Incentive – $200 per fiscal year
- One paid Volunteer day per calendar year
- Quality on-site amenities (i.e. bike storage, gym, shower/change rooms)
Do you have a job posting you’d like to share with local Indigenous groups and Indigenous organizations? Would you like to share your job posting to local Indigenous job boards? We created a list, and while it is not exhaustive, we’d be happy to share. Email email@example.com and we will forward you our list.